Listen to audio here
Google offers the ability to create a personalized iGoogle page that gives you an at-a-glance access to key information from Google and across the web. On this self-designed page, you can choose and organize content such as:
- Your latest Gmail messages
- Headlines from Google News and other top news sources
- Your RSS feeds
- Weather forecasts, stock quotes, and movie showtimes
- Bookmarks for quick access to your favorite sites from any computer
- Your own section with content you find from across the web
- Google Book Search
- Go to iGoogle and create an account
- Add the following gadgets (check out the discovery resources to show you how to do this):
- Google Map Search gadget
- Google Book Search gadget
- Facebook gadget
Check out the following youtube video about working at Google.
4. Create a post in your blog page about this exercise. Don’t know what to write about? Think about these questions: Do you like iGoogle? What improvements would you suggest to Google? Would you like to work at Google?